K-2nd Grade Elementary Pedal Desk
Uses (KC-35-K1) PEDAL DESK:
Children with pedals under their desk can work their legs in a motion similar to a bicycle, while participating in classroom discussion, or doing their classwork.
Students participate in partner work. While one child pedals, their partner stands on a balance board on the opposite side of the pedal desk.
Teachers use the pedal movement to engage students in countless activities! Ex: Students answer questions during instruction by either pedaling forward, backward, pausing, speeding up, or slowing down pedaling! Start the morning off right with a brain booster! Have students warm-up their brains with a Walk & Talk session (suggested classroom activities provided by author Shoecraft, Lengel, Moize in ABL Books & Manuals)
#1 most popular desk in elementary classrooms
Outfit an entire classroom with multi-person pedal desks, and various movement stations or start with1 single pedal desk into your classroom & implement rotation schedule for all students to benefit from the movement!
Desk is user powered, making movement optional! Although rare, students not interested in moving, have the option to relax and listen in class.
BENEFITS (KC-35-K1) PEDAL DESK:
- Improves academic achievement
- Improves mood and behavior
- Students are excited to learn
- The pedal desk is designed specifically to put the brain and body into its most optimal learning state. Promotes Low intensity steady state movement (LISS), optimizes blood flow and oxygen to the brain & Activates BDNF, coined "Miracle Gro" for the brain by Dr. John Ratey. BDNF activates the brain in the process known as neurogenesis- the growth of new brain cells. YES - using the pedal desk is actually growing new brain cells!
FEATURES (KC-35-K1) PEDAL DESK
Manufactured in the USA - Action Based Learning is the Manufacturer of the Original Pedal Desk. All Pedal Desks are steel welded and built for high frequency use in school settings. Desks are designed to hold up against even the most "active" students
- Ships pre-assembled
- Silent, non distracting movement
- Rear Foot Levelers can be adjusted for all floor types, and can accommodate uneven floors
- Adjustable Seat Height
- Adjustable Tabletop Height
- Tabletop lies flat for reading & writing in the classroom
- Optional Tabletop Upgrade: Swap out the standard blue for a whiteboard tabletop!
- Movement is user powered, there is no resistance on elementary pedal desks. Based on brain research, adding a certain level of exertion during the learning process can actually work to counteract the benefits of moving. The Pedal Desk for elementary students is designed to activate Low Intensity Steady State Movement (LISS). To learn more about LISS, view the Science and Research behind Action Based Learning
Includes 10 yr direct from mfg extended warranty and factory direct pricing.
Choosing the correct size for your students
Designed specifically for early elementary children (K-2nd Grade) to support proper posture and movement appropriate for elementary age students. Pedal Circumference is critical for effective pedaling, and is designed specifically for the K-2nd grade age group. Although older and taller students may fit on this desk, the circumference of the pedal turn is smaller and designed specifically for shorter legs and physical capability to accommodate the K-2nd Grade age group.